Since I was last here the city fathers have connected the old promenade to a new one which leads directly to the sandy beaches of Playa Olas Altas(tall waves which they are not) and Playa Los Muertos (where people were killed in some feud).
The new promenade goes over the mouth of the puny Rio Cuale (well puny this dry time of year).
At the weekend I went to a buffet and show at Los Arcos hotel in the old city.
http://www.playalosarcos.com/playalosarcos/
The food was laid out nicely & was very tasty with just Mexican dishes of course eg. guacamole, chicken in chocolate sauce, bunuenos fritters and a delicious manzanas a la rosa tart. I picked a pina collada for my aperitif. After dinner the show followed with 8 dancers (4 chicos & 4 chicas) performing dances from various regions of Mexico to traditional music. While they changed costumes there were a variety of performances from singing to a lasso demo. The costumes were the flowing dress variety with vivid colours & the music and dancing uplifting. Jalisco province is the home of the mariachi and considered to have the best food.
Speaking of food when is a Spanish tortilla not an omlette? Answer: In Mexico. Tortillas here are round corn or flour patties. The corn ones are sold by the kg for around a NZ dollar. Without fail these patties are loaded with a variety of finely chopped ingredients and finally chillies. Tostadas are crisp tortillas which serve as a base too. I discovered a dish to avoid called Menudo which is tripe soup! By the way to order an omlette you ask for an omlette (om-let-ay)!
2 comments:
Manzanas a la rosa, is that the same as our "Apples a la Rosa?"
Yes I just guessed it was from your renditions! t was divine
Post a Comment