Finally got the WIFI working in the condo. Quite spacious & on the 3rd floor. It's on sale for US$139,000 as well. So if you would like to invest! Laundry downstairs.Also it's got every mod con except dishwasher...even a bbq on the tiny balcony. I can see the sea from my bed and and living room. Quite nice to open the curtains AM and see the view.
It's like Fort Knox to get in to. Double locks on 2 grilled gates for starters.
My flight to LA was not so good. Maybe I should have avoided dinner at 11pm AK time and b/fast at 3 am. Anyway I'm here & over it now although jetlag still affecting me a bit.
Usual delays in LAX airport due customs but I got a funky hotel in LAX with 60's jukebox & 60's music next to a nice pool. Met an old (69) lollypop job Oz guy there who was swimming who said at one point in our chat : John Lennon said Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. Lollypop man is still travelling the world & I was inspired by his enthusiasm. He said his mother was travelling at 90 and he intended to do the same.
Back to PV. The supermarket is about a 5 min walk & I'm savouring the fruit etc. Prices for avocados, tomatoes, paw paw, melon, pineapple are NZ$1 per kg. Everything sold by weight. So I'm having a feast. I've spoken more Spanish in 2 days than ever before!
Folkloric music in a plaza last night with people dancing (& on a Sunday) Also brightly red clothed acrobatic Indians (from some other region) performing at the top of a pole by the malecon (promenade). The usual throng of people were surging along the malecon just for the sake of walking and taking in the sea air and socialising.
2 comments:
With all that food.....found a gym yet???
The gym is a far away memory. A nice stroll along the promenade in the sun with palm trees swaying and a refreshing sea breeze is a tonic in itself!
Post a Comment